ContentGenerator.net Community forums: Are there any Demo SCORM products? - ContentGenerator.net Community forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are there any Demo SCORM products? Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   royce Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:48 AM

I am a total newbie to SCORM/Moodle and I would like to try to install one of your products. The Fling the teacher product has expired and I dont see any other demo products so I can see what this setup is all about.

Did I miss any of the SCORM demos?

User is offline   Andrew Field Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:35 PM

Hi - apologies you've got stuck. I'll re-enable the Fling the Teacher demo which will give you plenty of chance to experiment.

Fling the Teacher will remain an entirely free product - when the development is finished it will include both 'standard' and 'SCORM' versions.

I'll fix the Fling the Teacher download as soon as I get a chance this evening.

• Pip

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:22 PM

Hi there, I tried to download and install it today, Jan 31, and Fling The Teacher still expired.

Also, is it installed via the Moodle course installation process (i.e., A ZIP file that contains the .xml file and all the other course files). It seems to be a .exe file???

Please excuse my newbie questions, I will continue to browse the forum for answers.

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:00 PM

All good points. I simply haven't had a chance to update the SCORM Fling the Teacher yet. I'd hoped to manage a couple of nights ago but simply wasn't able. I'll do my very best this evening to update it.

The program itself is installable - it runs on your PC as an .exe. When you run the program you type in your questions. With the standard options you generate your finished quiz and a .swf file is produced.

The SCORM function actually produces a .zip file. This isn't an entire Moodle course but instead one Moodle activity. You import it into Moodle by adding it as a SCORM activity. This is a drop-down option from the 'add activity' option in Moodle when you are creating a course.

As the program nears its full release I will produce full documentation and details but everything can be found on the forum :wacko:

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:23 AM

I have now updated the beta version of the SCORM Fling the Teacher program - this beta is live until the end of February. Anyone can download and use it - you just need to register on the forum and use the downloads system:

[Link now removed - see link at the end of this thread]

• Pip

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:26 PM

Hi there, SUCCESS!

I was able to download the file, install and run the program, generate my .zip file, import it into moodle and have it show up as an activity for a course! Now all I have to do is figure out what in the heck moodle is all about and I'll really be kicking butt!

Thanks for your help and I'll keep hacking away and testing the processes. To all the other newbies out there, if I can do it, so can you!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:59 PM

View Postroyce, on Feb 6 2008, 08:26 PM, said:

Hi there, SUCCESS!

I was able to download the file, install and run the program, generate my .zip file, import it into moodle and have it show up as an activity for a course! Now all I have to do is figure out what in the heck moodle is all about and I'll really be kicking butt!

Thanks for your help and I'll keep hacking away and testing the processes. To all the other newbies out there, if I can do it, so can you!

Do join the forum on another of my sites - http://www.effectiveict.co.uk/forum/ if you want any Moodle specific advice. Also, the main Moodle forums available from Moodle.org are an excellent source.

I have created the SCORM versions to work within Moodle specifically because it is my own VLE of choice. However, the SCORM .zip file should work with any SCORM-compliant VLE.

User is offline   abharris Icon

• Pip

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:25 AM

Are any of the products still available to demo? If so what is the link- I'd like to have a go at setting one up for a trial but can't seem to find a free one to look at first.

Thanks

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:51 PM

Not quite sure why but this post appears to have been hidden until just now. Anyway, the best way to test the SCORM functionality is to download the entirely free:

Fling the Teacher: http://www.contentgenerator.net/forum/inde...amp;showfile=29
Teacher Invaders: http://www.contentgenerator.net/forum/inde...amp;showfile=27

Follow the link above and then click on the 'Download' option.

We are gradually releasing SCORM updates to all the programs, including the rest of the free ones, but the above two provide the ideal opportunity to test it all out.

Share this topic:
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users