ContentGenerator.net Community forums: [Resolved] genrator problems - ContentGenerator.net Community forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Resolved] genrator problems

User is offline   Dave Stacey Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Customers

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:06 PM

Hiya,

I've having yet more problems with my school provided, RM PC laptop, namely that the genertaors won't work properly.

I've been having problems with Flash player, and I'm guessing the two are linked. To resolve the problems with games I just drag and drop them onto Firefox, but I can't do that with the generators. Could you just confirm exactly what I should need in order for the generators to run properly?

Thanks

Dave

User is offline   Carl Shepherdson Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:08 PM

What specific problems are you having?
ContentGenerator.net Forum Moderator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:13 PM

Either won't load properly, or load with big of graphics missing, and/or can't type in all the boxes.

It's been like it since I tried updating flash player and ended up deleting it by mistake. It's theoretically back on the laptop, but seems to be behaving a little oddly. I can download a version of flash player to sply within browsers, but I can't find the stand alone version online.

I'll hand the laptop over to our technition on Monday, but it would be helpful if I could tell him exactly what I need to run the generators properly.

User is offline   Carl Shepherdson Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:29 PM

I can't say I've ever come across this or anyone else on the forum. It's possibly down to permissions on the laptop - what sort of permissions do you have? i.e. User/Administrator or something specific to the school setup?
ContentGenerator.net Forum Moderator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:51 PM

Admin supposedly.

I'll try reinstalling, but I fear it's time for it's quarterly scrub of the hard drive and a reinstall.

Pah.

:lol:

User is offline   Andrew Field Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:58 PM

It sounds like your version of Flash isn't correct. The problems you describe are symptomatic of having Flash 6 rather than an up to date version. I think the version of Flash that you have has been corrupted and hasn't uninstalled correctly.

This problem is easily solved.

Run the Flash player installer - http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase...cfm?id=tn_14157 - but make sure you close any problems that use the Flash player (i.e. your browsers)
Reinstall your Flash player - http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/do...=ShockwaveFlash

Which of the ContentGenerator.net programs are you actually using? I ask because the latest ones actually check your installed version of Flash before running the program - they now trigger a message helping you to upgrade.

Anyway, give that a go and please do report what happens.

The initial issue you mentioned, where you had to drag and drop any .swf files into Firefox is also easily solved. Just right-click on the .swf file and choose 'open with'. By default this should actually be the Flash player, but if that isn't an option, select Firefox.

Just to reaffirm what Carl has said though - if this is a locked down computer you shouldn't even be able to install the ContentGenerator.net programs, let alone encounter these issues. Yet if the laptop does have restrictions on it this may affect how the programs work.

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:32 PM

OK.

Done that.

I've now got the following error:

SWFKit Player
Failed to load the Adobe Flash Player.

I've tried the install twice, and I've rebooted the computer. I suspect this may be another RM thing. I'll ask our netowrk manager to download the most up to date version of Flash Player and add it to my laptop tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on then.

I theoretically have admin access, and I can install stuff on the laptop. Sometimes though it just bahvaes very oddly.

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:10 PM

OK - this is most certainly a Flash installation issue. You should be able to (re)install the Flash player using the link above, but I guess it simply isn't working:
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/do...=ShockwaveFlash

Also try the Flash support centre:
http://www.adobe.com...rt/flashplayer/

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:38 AM

Hah! Done it.

I had to run IE first, it asked if I wanted to install Flash Player and now everything is working swimmingly!

Thanks again

User is offline   bebshollmann Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:18 AM

i have the same problem: SWFKit Player Failed to load the Adobe Flash Player.

so i closed all programs, uninstalled my flashplayer, and re-installed it. after installing it, i restarted my computer and tried running ie. weee! i finally installed flashplayer properly!

however, i still cannot open any of my contentgenerator.net program :rolleyes: i thought maybe it was corrupted already so i deleted one of my games and installed it again. sadly, it still didnt work.

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

It is important to remove any rogue Flash player installations though. When Microsoft released IE7 it seems to have installed an older version of Flash Player 7, even if you have a newer version installed :rolleyes:. Thus this can mess up your Flash player installation.

If you want to get the programs working, try the following:
1. Uninstall the Flash player
2. Reinstall the Flash player
3. Reinstall the ContentGenerator.net program

Should fix any issues - these are all caused by rogue Flash player installations.

User is offline   bebshollmann Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:08 AM

it worked! thank you :rolleyes:

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:11 AM

View Postbebshollmann, on Jan 28 2009, 03:08 AM, said:

it worked! thank you :rolleyes: