Suffice to say I believe and hope all these things are now. What started as what I thought would be an easy to produce generator has turned into an enormous challenge.
The nearly finished exercise can be tried here:
The updates in this release are / will be:
- New menu options on exercise index page
- Additional graphics - extending additional range
- Menu option allows printing - option to print all questions or all questions and answers before working on the exercise
- Menu option - information - not done yet, but where the user will be given ideas how to use the exercise
- Printing fully functional - within each question you can print the current question, answer + model answer
- Additional menu options mean before you start you can select the timings and questions (as you could already) but now you also enter your name
- This name will then appear automatically on the printouts at the top
- New menu options at the end of the exercise - you now have extensive printing options
- Generator program allows you to add your own time limits / remove time limits
- Generator prorgam allows you to set the question options e.g. allow one random question etc.
I have two questions though and I'd appreciate your ideas.
1. The rest of the exercise now looks quite funky - as hopefully you can see in the example but the printing options (from the end of exercise menu) looks awful - any ideas how to improve it? See below:
2. When the questions are printed out (either at the start or at the end) they are shown in the order that the exercise puts them in. Thus, if you've set your exercise to randomize the questions, the list of questions is similarly randomized. The only problem with this is that when you get a class printing out their questions, this could potentially mean that you get a list of questions all in a strange order. The question ordering is by default randomized, but I think it might be better to make it not random by default. Any ideas?