ContentGenerator.net Community forums: Brand new to this site.. eh? - ContentGenerator.net Community forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brand new to this site.. eh? What do I do to get some great resources for my class? Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   diamond_raindrops Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 December 2006 - 04:05 PM

I have just come across this site after spending my marking time messing on the net. I would just like to know how do I download these great games? Do I pay? Do I have to pass some sort of test? ;) A quick overview will do, I did try and download your link for fling the teacher but it just said paig unavailable so I have figured that I need some advice!
Thanks!
X

User is offline   Carl Shepherdson Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Post icon  Posted 15 December 2006 - 04:38 PM

Hello,

There is free & paid generators available, an overview can be found here:
http://www.contentge...et/purchase.asp

The free generators are listed below with links for you to download: If you are happy with the free products, you could speak with your school about purchasing the paid products to help support future developments of ContentGenerator.net products, the paid products are very affordable. ;)

Hope this helps,
ContentGenerator.net Forum Moderator

User is offline   lawalker Icon

• Pip

Posted 15 December 2006 - 06:36 PM

Ditto. I, too, am having difficulty. The site says it is free. Someone HELP!! It looks like a great tool for the classroom.

User is offline   Andrew Field Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 December 2006 - 06:41 PM

When you join this forum you have to confirm your e-mail address in order to access the downloads.

We have just upgraded the forum so they may be some issues accessing forum areas, but I believe you have full access. Please let us know.

Have you tried following the links that Carl has provided above?

Edit: I have just found that the Fling the Teacher download link wasn't working - I've now updated that and it should work.

This post has been edited by Andrew Field: 15 December 2006 - 06:55 PM

User is offline   diamond_raindrops Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 December 2006 - 10:22 PM

Thank you very much! I must admit that this site is brilliant, although very few people know about it! I suggest you post a link on the TES website or in the resource bank; you should get lots of feedback then.

You will have to register but it will take a few minutes and is worth it if it's free advertising. Try and post a link under each subject area in the staffroom forum.
Just follow this link:

http://www.tes.co.uk...tion/staffroom/ then select each subject to add a post.

Thanks for the fab resources! ;)

User is offline   Andrew Field Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 17 December 2006 - 10:52 PM

Thanks for the comments and suggestion. I know the TES forums well - do a quick search for 'MrField' and you'll see that I post regularly in the ICT and relatively often in the History sections.

What I'm not keen to do is spam forums though and posting a link in each section would be equivalent to doing this. I have promoted the site when the opportunity has arisen and I think this is the best practice. As the finished games also promote the website when they display the logo this is the best promotional tool. I also much prefer word of mouth advertising - thus colleagues get advice from trusted colleagues and it makes the whole thing more worthwhile.

By all means do promote the site in your particular subject area though - feel free ;)

Share this topic:
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users