ContentGenerator.net Community forums: [Noted] v.2 questions - ContentGenerator.net Community forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Noted] v.2 questions Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   Dave Stacey Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Customers

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:07 PM

Hi Andrew,

It sounds like everything's going through here to purchase a site licence. I've been asked if I know when the v2 release will be finished as I think the plan was to buy the combined licence for both packages. Any ideas?

Secondly it sounds as though the school is opting to go with Kaleidos rather than Moodle for VLE. I know you've said at some point you'll make the quizes compatable with Moodle (in terms of being able to pass data back). Not knowing much about this, if the programmes will do this for Moodle, will they do that with other VLEs too?

I know you're really busy at the moment, but anything I could tell the school would be great!

Thanks a lot.

Dave

This post has been edited by Dave Stacey: 21 June 2006 - 02:18 PM

User is offline   Carl Shepherdson Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:27 PM

Hi,

In an earlier topic Andrew said:

I hoped to have Bundle 2 ready for the end of this month. That will now not be the case, it will now have be by the end of July. You can have immediate access to the Bundle 1 programs and then be given access to Bundle 2 as soon as it is ready. Only then will you need to pay.

Im not sure if this is still the case, fingers crossed it is! As far as I was aware it was Moodle only for the SCORM scores to be saved etc, probably down to Kaleidos being a commerical product thus not having access to it and also the fact its not open source. :unsure:

Edit: Moved to pre-sales.

Hope this helps,

This post has been edited by Carl Shepherdson: 21 June 2006 - 02:28 PM

ContentGenerator.net Forum Moderator

User is offline   Andrew Field Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:17 PM

As Carl has said, I'm now planning for the end of July for this software. Unfortunately the software development always takes longer as I come up with new features and ideas.

I'm not keen to take money off schools in advance - for this very reason. However, I'm more than happy to give you access to the site licence one and then to be paid when the full suite 1 and suite 2 are available.

Regarding Kaleidos we use it at my school for the Maths department. I'm not aware of extensive development and it was incredibly expensive. I'm also not aware of extensive linkup between programs using Kaleidos. It seems more to be an extensive lesson resource database. However, I have not had much to do with it.

My main focus this summer is to establish integration with Moodle. If possible I will use a standards compliant way of doing this. If Kaleidos is also standards compliant then it may all fit together. I somehow doubt it though. Please can everyone remember that I haven't been able to connect correctly to Moodle yet though, it certainly isn't a done deal.

Share this topic:
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users