ContentGenerator.net Community forums: Customization - ContentGenerator.net Community forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Customization Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   mikonet Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

Hi!
I have used the free demos of "teacher invaders" and "fling the teacher" successfully in moodle and I am considering the possibility of purchasing the two bundles.

I'd like to know about the degree of customization of the games, I mean, in the DEMO I cannot hide/replace the "Contentgenerator" logo/link.

Can I use my own logo/link in the games?
Can I replace the faces/names of the goalkeepers in the Penalty Shootout?
Can I change the teacher's messages in Walk the Plank?

Thanks!

User is offline   Andrew Field Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

Thanks for your message. What we have done is price our programs as affordably as possible for teachers to make use of. The pay-off for this is that we include the ContentGenerator.net logo as one of our activities loads.

The 'demos' you mention are actually fully functional and usable programs that are free for any not-for-profit educational provider.

View Postmikonet, on 18 January 2011 - 11:01 AM, said:

Can I use my own logo/link in the games?
Can I replace the faces/names of the goalkeepers in the Penalty Shootout?
Can I change the teacher's messages in Walk the Plank?

If you want to replace / remove the logo, you would need to pay commercial pricing for a customised version. We have had a few requests in the past to do this, but most seem to prefer the very affordable pricing. It also depends on how you plan to use the programs - but do let us know if we an assist further.

You can customise any available links within the games - such as the 'quit' button or the advertising boards in Penalty Shootout.

You cannot currently replace the faces / names within Penalty Shootout. This is something we plan to develop in a future version. However, currently the real benefit of the basic game is that it generates to a single .swf (Flash) file. When we develop the ability to customise the 'heads' within the game they will have to be included as separate files. Currently this is not a feature, but will be available within version 4 of the tools.

We can be more positive about the ability to change the teacher's messages in Walk the Plank. There is a beta release at the moment and the finished version will allow full customisation of teacher comments. This will appear this or early next month and any existing users get a free update. The En Garde beta also allows you to customise the comments made in the game.

Do let us know if we can assist further.

User is offline   musictechteacher Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Customers

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:48 AM

Thank you, Andrew. I have had so many people asking me to re-post my Walk the Plank quizzes. My students love the game, no matter what the comments may be! Is the beta release suitable for posting on my site yet?

Thanks!

User is offline   Andrew Field Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:02 PM

Hi - it still isn't quite ready. I've got the 'input your own comments' feature working on the new release of En Garde. As soon as I can I will update the feature and implement it for Walk the Plank. The wait has been too long already. Not long now....

Share this topic:
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users