ContentGenerator.net Community forums: got a new mac - ContentGenerator.net Community forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

got a new mac

User is offline   jhudson Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Customers

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:49 AM

Andrew

I got a MacBook Air for my birthday - can I transfer the games to it via flashdrive or do I need to download new files? If so, can you send them to me?

thanks
Jan

User is offline   Andrew Field Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:26 AM

Finished games that you have generated will work without doing anything else - Flash files will work and display as usual.

To make the program work, you'll need to run some additional software. The standard ContentGenerator.net programs only work on Windows because they make use of a special .dll file.

We use a Mac as our main development computer now, but we run Windows on the Mac via Bootcamp. This is one way to get the programs running. Alternatively, you can use software such as Parallels which will allow you to run Windows software directly within the Mac Operating System. It will cost though - you need to purchase Parallels and also have a valid Windows operating system.

There have been a number of requests to develop a Mac version - this is something I've looked into, but there doesn't yet appear to be a good solution / replacement for the custom Windows file.

Share this topic:
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users