ContentGenerator.net Community forums: Walk the plank with moodle - ContentGenerator.net Community forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Walk the plank with moodle

User is offline   jhudson Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Customers

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:49 PM

I just bought suites 1 & 2. I made a walk the plank game and it generated a .swf and a .html file. When I try to upload to moodle under the SCORM/AICC option and get the following error: The specified package/manifest is not valid. Check it and try again.

How do I get my games to work on Moodle. I have successfully used "Fling the teacher". Is there a how-to manual for both suites somewhere?

thanks,
Jan Hudson

User is offline   Andrew Field Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:53 PM

Firstly thank you for your purchase - your account has been updated to full customer status.

When you want to upload a SCORM game to Moodle (one that can be tracked) you need to generate a SCORM file. You have generated a standard game with just a Flash file, whereas you needed to choose the option to generate a SCORM file.

It is very straightforward though. When you are on the 'game options' screen (the screen after you've entered your questions) you need to click on the graphic underneath 'SCORM options'. It will change from showing a standard .swf file to show a .zip file instead.

Attached File  guide to ContentGenerator.net.pdf (1.34MB)
Number of downloads: 305

I have attached a guide that provides a useful overview about the programs. If you look within it, there is a section that explains how to setup SCORM activities for Moodle. Do please post again if you need further assistance.

• Pip

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:26 AM

View PostAndrew Field, on 17 October 2010 - 04:53 PM, said:

Firstly thank you for your purchase - your account has been updated to full customer status.

When you want to upload a SCORM game to Moodle (one that can be tracked) you need to generate a SCORM file. You have generated a standard game with just a Flash file, whereas you needed to choose the option to generate a SCORM file.

It is very straightforward though. When you are on the 'game options' screen (the screen after you've entered your questions) you need to click on the graphic underneath 'SCORM options'. It will change from showing a standard .swf file to show a .zip file instead.

Attachment guide to ContentGenerator.net.pdf

I have attached a guide that provides a useful overview about the programs. If you look within it, there is a section that explains how to setup SCORM activities for Moodle. Do please post again if you need further assistance.

• Pip

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:28 AM

I just submitted a support ticket before I checked this forum (sorry) Let me try your suggestions and I will reply back here. Please disregard the support ticket.
Thanks
Jan

• Pip

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:36 AM

Yea!!! It works perfectly! Thanks so much!

User is offline   Andrew Field Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:40 AM

Excellent to hear - thank you. Glad you got it working. The SCORM tracking is a good way to keep score via Moodle.

Share this topic:
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users