ContentGenerator.net Community forums: OnTarget- no swf produced - ContentGenerator.net Community forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OnTarget- no swf produced

User is offline   sharnon007 Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Customers

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:01 AM

Luckily, when my pc died, Ihad a copy of OnTarget. Now, I have Windows 7- when I go to create a game- the swf is not produced. The html is just fine- but I don't have a swf file.
Please help!
ThanX!

User is offline   Andrew Field Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:15 PM

When no .swf file is generated this is usually because the library file that is required hasn't installed correctly or doesn't have the correct permissions. On Target was actually created on a Windows 7 machine, so I am 100% certain that it works, but if you do run into problems we just need to check the installation and the permissions.

Try the following steps:

1. Run the program again - try generating your game just once more to see what happens.

2. Try installing one of our other programs - even if just the free Teacher Invaders or your customer Grade or No Grade. Try Teacher Invaders again.

3. Look in C:\Windows\System32\ and see if you have a file listed there called SWFGen.dll. If this file is there but you cannot generate, it suggests your might need more permissions on your system. Look at the Security tab and see if you can set this to 'read and execute'.

4. If you try all these without success, try downloading and running this file:
http://www.contentge...swfgensetup.exe

Please do report back your progress - a small number of users do report issues with .swfs not being produced, but the above four suggestions have always helped.

Share this topic:
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users