ContentGenerator.net Community forums: On Target? - full release - ContentGenerator.net Community forums

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

On Target? - full release Special beta release pricing! Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

User is offline   MatthewSHare Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Customers

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:04 PM

Great to have something new to play with on the way home - should have some quizzes up on our moodle in time for tomorrows lesson - and some scorm enabled homework for the weekend.
Thanks!

User is offline   Andrew Field Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:19 PM

View PostMatthewSHare, on Mar 4 2010, 06:04 PM, said:

Great to have something new to play with on the way home - should have some quizzes up on our moodle in time for tomorrows lesson - and some scorm enabled homework for the weekend.
Thanks!

Thanks very much for your purchase - do report back how you get on and please do show anything you mange to create.

User is offline   musictechteacher Icon

• PipPip

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:40 PM

I just purchased the On Target game and I am sure that my students are going to love it! The only thing that I did not like from viewing the demo is the fast-moving targets on the question / answer screen. The movement (during the question/answer screen only) of the targets is quite distracting to some of my 'special' students and will make it difficult to concentrate on the questions. Other than that, I think that it will work well!

Thank you!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:16 AM

View Postmusictechteacher, on Mar 7 2010, 11:40 PM, said:

I just purchased the On Target game and I am sure that my students are going to love it! The only thing that I did not like from viewing the demo is the fast-moving targets on the question / answer screen. The movement (during the question/answer screen only) of the targets is quite distracting to some of my 'special' students and will make it difficult to concentrate on the questions. Other than that, I think that it will work well!

Thank you!

Thanks for the comments - I'll see what can be done with the movement on the Q & A screen. I actually put them there to add some further distraction, but I do appreciate what you are saying. It might be worth having an option to switch that off from the generator options page.

User is offline   Lex.c Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:32 AM

Thanks Andrew for another great game. I have already put it to use, making a quiz on The Australian peace movement duing the Vietnam War.

The kids love this stuff!

User is offline   musictechteacher Icon

• PipPip

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:26 PM

My students love the new On Target quizzes. It only took about 20 minutes to create and post two quizzes to my website. It is very easy to use, like the other ContentGenerator games. Thank you!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:05 PM

Thanks for all the positive comments about On Target.

I hope to complete the finished version over the next few days and have thus now upped the price to the release price - 24.99. As promised, all those who have purchased the 'early-bird' version will get a free update to the release version.

I will update this topic when the finished generator is available.

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:31 AM

The finished release will have the following minor improvements:

Generator program:
1. Main game settings page - clearer background
2. Improved generated .html page
3. Open option with number of questions - you select what you want - all or random selection

Main game:
1. Improved buttons from main options
2. No requirement for 10 questions - see point 3 above

Still not quite sure about the need for a 'quit' button from the game over screen. I'll also look to see if it is worth 'generating' a pre-set list of students for multiplayer, but I suspect not. This could just be stored 'locally' on the user's computer via a Flash cookie though. I'll also look to add some further sound effects from the presenter.

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:43 PM

I've been playing around with some of the final improvements and I'm concerned that the whole thing doesn't get too complex. With the current options that I'm planning the options do seem a bit over the top - the options will include:

1. Pick 10 random questions - in 'chronological' order (i.e. 10 picked from a larger total, but displayed in the correct order - meaning they will show as question 1, 3, 5, 6 etc rather than completely random)
2. Pick 10 random questions - appear in true random order
3. Show all the available questions - but do we need a random order?

All of these are possible, but for En Garde I removed the 'chronological' random order.

Might sound all a bit odd, but these are important issues in terms of how questions are displayed. I feel the most appropriate option might be to include questions at random, but with the option (when you generate the game) to choose a certain amount of questions or the full amount. Do feel free to post any thoughts :)

User is offline   Douglas Bell Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

Andrew

I quite like the the 'Quiz settings' screen in the multiple choice quiz generator, you have all the options available; show all questions, all questions in a random order, show a selection of random questions, as well as choosing how many questions to show, even a set time limit for each question, brilliant! The layout screen is clear and very easy to follow.

If I had a choice I would put this screen layout into all of the games.

Douglas

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:50 PM

Ok - thanks for this. I have been looking at the Multi-choice interface but I think the issue there is that you cannot pick to show a selection of questions in 'chronological' random order. So in some ways, this does answer my question completely.

I'll look to integrate the multi-choice format.

User is offline   twvd Icon

• Pip

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:50 AM

I already have a number of your games and use them regularly with my students. Looking forward to adding On Target to my collection. Not in the budget right now, but hopefully after the holidays! Thanks for all your hard and creative work.

Share this topic:
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users