ContentGenerator.net Community forums: Hole in One - playable demo 0.4 - ContentGenerator.net Community forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hole in One - playable demo 0.4

User is offline   Andrew Field Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:20 PM

Spurred on by some interest via Twitter, I've now released an additional playable demo. There is still a great deal to develop, but you can see the structure of the game now appearing.

Do give it a go and make any suggestions. Thanks to those who have already suggested too - as many sound effects as possible will appear.

Try the demo here: http://www.contentge...ne/beta04.shtml

User is offline   monkeyx Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:39 PM

Just had a quick go and managed a whole in one on fourth attempt :wacko:

Love the idea of golf as a game. Difficulty level seems rather high even on rookie, (but i maybe bad!)?

Maybe also have a mini golf style game, as these are very popular at our school!

Tim

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:11 PM

Thanks for the comments - I'll look to make it easier on the rookie setting. I hope to have further updates to this game in the near future. The core programming is done but the aspect that always takes the most time - tweaking & improving for classroom use - still has a long way to go.

One area that I think will make the game slightly different is that I plan to include a 'random player' feature - you enter a list of students / players and then one gets chosen at random to answer each question and take a shot.

User is offline   benchmarrow Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:19 AM

I think this is great- Will have lots of appeal for the pupils.

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:18 PM

The key element in the game - which it is vital to get right (and my daughter loved when we tested it out earlier this evening) - are the extra animals. As the game in its current playable version is quite tricky the 'helpful' animals add an additional random element that will help an unlucky player still achieve a hole in one.

Posted Image

I've added two animals so far. Firstly a raccoon who pops up if the ball is heading for the bunker. As the golf ball falls, he appears and heads it straight into the hole. Secondly, there is a large bear who drops in if the ball has landed near the hole. As he lands he creates a massive hole, meaning you've got a hole in one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I will add additional animals but I think it will be best to make them all do something positive, meaning - at least on the easiest skill levels - a correct answer should mean it is quite likely you'll get a hole in one.

User is offline   Douglas Bell Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Customers

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:48 PM

Andrew

Having a problem viewing the animal images. Do not have permission to do so, is the error message.

Did you mean to do this?

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:36 PM

Oh - there shouldn't be - I'll have a look to see what could be going on. I did 'upload' them to the forum rather than the main website - I guess the issue could be there.

I'll fix this up later this evening. Thanks for letting me know.

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:39 PM

I've now 're-uploaded' the images - they are now from the ContentGenerator.net site rather than this forum directly. You should now be able to see them. If not, do let me know and I'll have to look at the permissions on this section.... :)

User is offline   Douglas Bell Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Customers

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:29 AM

Andrew

The graphics are working great now. I think I prefer the size of hole with the bear in it !!!

Great demo.

Douglas

Share this topic:
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users