ContentGenerator.net Community forums: Support site updates + new options - ContentGenerator.net Community forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Support site updates + new options Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

User is offline   Andrew Field Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:57 AM

With the hassle and forced site transfer yesterday I've had to update a few major things on the main website. The major one of these is the launch of the support website - http://www.cg-support.net/

With the changes on the site, this is now the main contact method and a much improved way of getting a response. With the old server I faced many issues with e-mail being blocked or lost. This update means when you make an enquiry you are given a support ticket that can be tracked and responded to far more efficiently.

The site is still being developed - areas such as the knowledgebase aren't populated yet, but will hopefully be very rapdily. Here again my goal is efficiency - there are around three issues that people ask for help with and the knowledgebase can hopefully answer such questions rapidly.

The site has been online for a few months now, but it has only been this morning when I've updated it further - customising the 'look & feel' and creating some new icons.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I hope this will be a great improvement.

Finally, there are two further improvements closely connected with this support site:

Posted Image

1. I've setup a ContentGenerator.net Twitter account. If you 'follow' us on Twitter you'll be kept right up to date with the latest developments. The Twitter account is @contentgen

Posted Image

2. I've created an account with UserVoice.com. In the short time I've experimented with this it appears to be a great and open way to offer ideas, feedback and suggestions. You can quite literally just post a suggestion, leave comments or vote on previous ideas. Seems like a really helpful addition.

So - a new support site, combined with Twitter status and a User voice system. Start using them! :(

User is offline   hesterj Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Customers

Post icon  Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:03 PM

:( Dear Andrew

I have a major problem! I have bought your suite 1 and 2 sometime in the beginning of the year. I have registered on this forum, but have for some time not visited the site.
When I came back, and tried to log in, I was not allowed. I have gone through the whole process of of password recovery, and although I received a message that said that my passowrd would be send to my email address, I never received a thing! I tried for the past 4 days!!

I tried to re-register, but I was told that the email address was already in use. I had to create a new email address on hotmail, but now I can not download updates on some of the games.

I have also send some emails to you, but no response.......

pLease assist me.
Thanks
Hester Jackson (snippie)

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:15 PM

Hester - I've sent you two e-mails in the last two days - each detailing how I've reset your password so you can access the forum. Could you please check the junk e-mail box of your e-mails? It sounds as if your e-mail is filtering addresses from this forum. However, it is a bit odd, as you've been able to successfully register a new account.

With the new system I've introduced, as explained in this thread, I should be able to send and receive emails and support messages really easily. You sent one request via e-mail yesterday and then opened an official support request earlier this morning.

Have you received any e-mails at all - including the automated one from the support site? If you've got any, please check the link to the support site - you can see online copies of all the e-mails too.

I'll update this second account so you have customer access but I'd really like to get to the bottom of why you aren't receiving the e-mails. There were considerable difficulties previously, and severe difficulties when the site changed hosting. However, I've been extensively testing things and this is the one issue I've come across :(

User is offline   hesterj Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Customers

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:14 AM

Hi Andrew
Thanks for the quick response. I have checked my junkmail as well as blocked mail addresses, but nothing. I know that this site was previously blocked by our university, but I did ask them to open it up again. so I do not think that this will be the reason for not receiving emails, because as you said, I was able to register another account.

I will investigate from this side as well.
Thanks for the update, I really appreciate it.
Regards : :) Hester

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:36 PM

Thanks Hester - I've got my new, much improved, hosts to look at this issue in detail and they reported that the ContentGenerator.net domain was being blocked by some ISPs such as AOL. They have contacted AOL directly to get them to fix the issue and have said it should be fixed within 48 hours.

I'm afraid these issues are similar to things that I've been encountering with the domain all summer, leading to the decision to move the hosting away from the old hosts to my new reliable hosts. As I discover issues they have been excellent in helping to sort them out. However, this doesn't help people who have found e-mails going missing and other enquiries not responded to. This is another reason why I brough the support site online too.

Share this topic:
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users