ContentGenerator.net Community forums: HTML5 support - potential positives - ContentGenerator.net Community forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HTML5 support - potential positives Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   Andrew Field Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

As I've mentioned on the forum previously I have long been concerned about the industry shift to HTML5 as the technology just doesn't have the sophistication and depth to match Flash. I still stand by that - Flash is by far the best delivery mechanism for educational games as everything can be packaged together for a consistent end product.

However, I have been experimenting with possibilities and I'm delighted to showcase a working version of the Half a Min quiz in HTML5 - no Flash required. This is a massive development and a real source of pride - I don't want to deliver some poor quality alternative and this version retains the graphics and look of our existing games & quizzes.

This is still very much in development and I've been forced to remove some features - sound and animation - as these aren't consistently supported or are too intensive for current browsers to display.

Attached Image: monthly_11_2013/post-1-052191900 1383521715.jpg

Attached Image: monthly_11_2013/post-1-079402600 1383521705.jpg

Do have a look though:
http://www.contentge...5_fulldemo.html

What does this mean?

It *doesn't* mean all of the games and quizzes can miraculously become available for HTML5. Half a Min is a great example but the code behind it is far less complicated than the main games. However, this does show that it is possible to deliver games in HTML5 at the level of quality I'm after. In the longer term I hope to be able to develop a full game and add this to the generation options for the programs - allowing .swf, SCORM and HTML5.

User is offline   sharnon007 Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Customers

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

(applause) :dance4:

;)

Share this topic:
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users